CP 11 Changes to Tax Return – Balance Due

Unique Solutions to Your IRS Problems


Over 3000 Satisfied Customers Since 1980

Free Evaluation

Why Choose Us?

Held To Highest Standard

Public Accountancy Logo

Thousands of Satisfied Clients

State Bar Logo with blue


Knows the IRS Inside and Out


IRS Problems, Tax Problems, Tax Accountants, IRS Tax Attorneys, Tax Relief Help CPA, In Houston, Texas.

“Solving IRS problems has been my life’s work.  After 30 years and 1,000’s of successful tax cases I can safely say, “I know the IRS Business like the back of my hand”. How would you like to never worry about the IRS again?  Let my past knowledge and experience work for you”

– Joe Mastriano, CPA

Joe is a member of the Sugar Land Rotary, whose mission includes promoting integrity, fellowship, and good will.

Free Evaluation

What Our Clients Say About Us

Ran JeetInternational Holdings

Chris – Web Designer

Einar Pedersen Businessman

Ibrahim Chhapra Store Owner


Let Our Accounting Firm Help You Solve All Your IRS Problems…

Free Evaluation

CP 11 –  You will get this notice if alterations were made to your return by the IRS and you owe money.  Do not ignore this and hope it resolves it self.  It won’t and IRS could eventually seize your assets.  Now is the time to get professional IRS representation.  Contact Form

CP 11 is a notice that will be sent to you if alterations were made at the time of the processing of your tax return and your tax account has an unpaid balance. When there is any balance due on your account, the CP 11 will be the first notice that you will receive from the IRS. The notice will notify you (i.e. the tax payer) about the changes that have been made to the Individual Income Tax Form.

In the CP 11 notice, you will probably find the flowing things:

  • For what purpose the notice has been sent to you?
  • What kind of changes were made and why they were made?
  • The step(s) you should take if you happen to agree with the alterations that have been made
  • The step(s) you should take if you happen to disagree with the alterations that have been made

Generally, when you happen to agree with the changes that were made to your tax account, you will need to make the payment for the amount that is due. The IRS will send one envelop to you along with the CP 11 notice. You will need to mail your check in that envelope as soon as it is possible. But only if you agree and have no other issues with the IRS.

If you disregard the notice and do not pay the amount that is due, the IRS will use other attempts to collect the money from you. If all these attempts fail then the IRS will file a Notice of Federal Tax Lien. This will give them a legal claim to your assets.

If you do not happen to agree with the CP 11 notice then you will need to call the IRS on the number that they have printed on the top of the notice. They will try to provide assistance to you as much as possible. We do not recommend that you do this. Please seek representation whenever you owe money to the IRS.

Some other documents that may be sent to you along with the CP 11 notice are:

  • Publication 1
  • Notice 746
  • Notice 1212
  • A Form 9465
  • A Form 2210

Once you get the CP 11 notice from the IRS, it is advised that you get in touch with a good CPA or representative immediately to take care of this situation. Our CPA firm is qualified and experienced to deal with the various notices and IRS issues that come up for all taxpayers.

  • If you are considering hiring us, call Joe Mastriano, CPA 713-774-4467.
  • Think your IRS matter is handled? Think again!
  • For your analysis, click here to contact us.

Don’t just throw away your IRS CP 11 notice, contact us today so we can help!