Request For Tax Return – CP 515
Unique Solutions to Your IRS Problems
Over 3000 Satisfied Customers Since 1980
Why Choose Us?
Held To Highest Standard
Thousands of Satisfied Clients
Knows the IRS Inside and Out
IRS Problems, Tax Problems, Tax Accountants, IRS Tax Attorneys, Tax Relief Help CPA, In Houston, Texas.
“Solving IRS problems has been my life’s work. After 30 years and 1,000’s of successful tax cases I can safely say, “I know the IRS Business like the back of my hand”. How would you like to never worry about the IRS again? Let my past knowledge and experience work for you”
– Joe Mastriano, CPA
Joe is a member of the Sugar Land Rotary, whose mission includes promoting integrity, fellowship, and good will.
What Our Clients Say About Us
Let Our Accounting Firm Help You Solve All Your IRS Problems…
Request For Tax Return – IRS Notice CP 515
CP 515 is a notice that you will receive when you fail to file your tax return. This is the first notice that you are going to get from the IRS asking you to file your return. The IRS requires all citizens, residents etc. to file a return. Sometimes you are not liable to file and the IRS thinks you are. Filing issues must be resolved, or may may wind up paying taxes that you are not really liable for. If you have received a CP515 request for tax return notice, then the IRS believes that you have not filed your return. Even if you have a signed registered receipt for the return mailing.
Why You Received a CP 515
Many people do not file a return because they feel that they do not need to. However, if you have received the CP 515 form from the Service asking you to file the tax return, then maybe you are required to file. Given below are some of the reasons why you may have received the CP 515, request for tax return.
- The income that the Service believes to be yours is actually not your own income. For example, you have opened a bank account for a relative and you gave your own social security number by mistake, and normally you do not file a return..
- You reported the income in the wrong accounting period. This usually happens when someone makes a payment to you at the end of the year but you do not get the money until the start of the next accounting year and you report this income in that year, and that income brought you over the limit for filing.
- The IRS returned your tax return for lack of a signature and you didn’t know about it.
- The return was lost somewhere after you mailed it and before they logged it in their system.
Whenever you send your return in to the IRS, you should mail it registered receipt. This way if it is lost, you will have a good enough reason to have the penalties removed. We can help you make sure that the IRS has a copy of any years they may be missing, even if you haven’t prepared them yet. Call us at 713-774-4467.
If you have received the CP 515 notice, it means you have failed to file a tax return, or at least the IRS has not logged in a copy on their computer system. The type of return and tax period will be shown in the upper right corner as well as in the body of the notice. File the return as soon as possible, (after assessing your whole IRS situation), otherwise your case will be transferred to an audit group who will prepare the return for you, without those necessary deductions you need to lower your liability.
We can help you with the IRS request for tax return. We deal with many IRS notices and letters for our clients, including the CP 515 notice.
- If you are considering hiring us, call Joe Mastriano, CPA 713-774-4467.
- Think your IRS matter is handled? Think again!
- For your analysis, click here to contact us.