Frequently Asked Tax Questions – And The Answers You Need From Joe Mastriano, CPA.
Unique Solutions to Your IRS TAX Problems
Over 3000 Satisfied Customers Since 1980
IRS Problems, Tax Problems, Tax Accountants, IRS Tax Attorneys, Tax Relief Help CPA, In Houston, Texas.
“Solving IRS problems has been my life’s work. After 30 years and 1,000’s of successful tax cases I can safely say, “I know the IRS Business like the back of my hand”. How would you like to never worry about the IRS again? Let my past knowledge and experience work for you”
– Joe Mastriano, CPA
Joe is a member of the Sugar Land Rotary, whose mission includes promoting integrity, fellowship, and good will.
What Our Clients Say About Us
Let Our Accounting Firm Help You Solve All Your IRS Problems…
I RECEIVED AN IRS NOTICE CLAIMING PENALTIES!
If you disagree, and the amount is significant enough, you can either:
a.) Review the IRS’s reasons for penalty relief and file an appeal.
b.) Pay them and file a claim for refund on Form 843 — See more on Penalties.
THE IRS ADDED EVEN MORE PENALTIES. WHAT DO I DO?
– Penalties will continue to added on past due taxes.
– There are also penalties for not filing required documents — See Penalties & Interest.
I HAVE A LOT OF PENALTIES FROM A TAX AUDIT. WHAT DO I DO?
– Penalties for late paying — See more on Penalty Removal.
– Negligence and substantial understand penalties — See more on Penalty Removal.
THE IRS HAS CHARGED ME TRUST FUND PENALTIES. WHAT CAN I DO?
– Are you liable? — See Trust Fund Rules.
– Call R.O. and prove your case.
– File an appeal of trust fund — See Trust Fund Appeals.
THE IRS HAS ADDED INTEREST TO MY BILL!
The following are acceptable reasons to remove interest:
– There was an IRS delay in processing.
– There was an IRS error. – The IRS issued an erroneous refund.
– I’VE NEVER GOT THEM TO AGREE, GOOD LUCK! — See more on Interest Removals and IRS Errors.
I RECEIVED AN IRS LETTER CHARGING ME ADDITIONAL TAX WITH NO EXPLANATION!
– Is it correct?
– Request a 90 day letter (notice of deficiency) and demand it be abated in writing — See more on Notice of Deficiency.
THE IRS NOTICE I RECEIVED CLAIMS THAT I HAVE AN UNDER REPORTED INCOME!
– Is it right?
– In writing, claim it was wrong, request the penalties be removed — See more on Penalty Removal. – Get issuer of W-2, 1099, K-1 to change the incorrect 3rd party documents.
– Call IRS and get a month for you to send in the corrected documents.
I’M SCARED OF THE IRS!
– Many people are scared, but don’t let the IRS push you around! — See more on Scared of the IRS.
I RECEIVED A NOTICE DEMANDING PAYMENT!
– Was the notice a 1058(D.O.), CP501-CP504, etc.?
– Follow rules for payment plans! — See more information on Payment Plans.
I DON’T HAVE THE RECEIPTS TO PROVE MY DEDUCTIONS!
– If you are being audited then this could be a problem — See more information on Audits.
MY BUSINESS DEDUCTIONS WERE DISALLOWED BECAUSE THE IRS SAYS MY BUSINESS IS A “HOBBY”!
– The “hobby loss” rules can be interpreted by the IRS to favor them.
– You may need quality audit representation — see more on Audit Representation.
I DISAGREE WITH THE AUDIT RESULTS AND THE AUDITOR WANTS ME TO SIGN THE REPORT AND PAY!
– If you disagree you could ask to speak to the manager.
– You could file an appeal.
– Take actions to preserve your right to file a court petition — See more on Audit Appeal.
APPEALS DID NOT HELP ME WITH MY AUDIT!
-You can file a tax court petition — See more on Tax Court Petition.
MY TIME TO SUBMIT AN AUDIT APPEAL AND COURT PETITION HAS EXPIRED!
– Request audit reconsideration from the chief of exam.
– Ask auditor for help — See more on Audit Appeal.
– Write the tax payer advocate — See more information on Taxpayer Advocate.
I PAID TAXES THAT I DIDN’T OWE BECAUSE I WAS SCARED!
– File a Claim for Refund — See more on Filing a Claim for Refund.
IRS IS THREATENING A WAGE LEVY AND BANK LEVY!
– You need to be in compliance with tax return filing.
– See wage levy and bank levy pages — See more information on Wage and Bank Levies.
I CANNOT AFFORD A PAYMENT PLAN
– You may qualify for an offer.
– You may qualify for CNC (currently not collectable).
– You may qualify for minimum monthly payments (that don’t reduce your liability) — See more information on Payment Plans.
THE IRS IGNORES MY LETTERS!
– You are not alone–they used to ignore my collection letters, too. — See more on Letters and Notices.
– You can call the IRS and check your account. – Obtain a record of your account.
– Call R.O., ACS, or appeals — See more on R.O., ACS and appeals.
I HAVEN’T FILED RETURNS FOR YEARS!
– You are not alone — See more on Unfiled Tax Returns.
MY HUSBAND/WIFE LEFT ME WITH A TAX LIABILITY I OWE BUT CAN’T PAY!
– You may qualify for “Innocent Spouse.”
– If your spouse forged your signature, see “Innocent Spouse” — See more information on Innocent Spouse.
I CAN’T AFFORD PROFESSIONAL HELP!
– This site gives you what you need to represent yourself — See more on Representing Yourself Before the IRS.
– You can purchase a book on IRS collections in a bookstore and use it in conjunction with this website.
THE IRS HAS FILED A RETURN FOR ME!
– You can file your own returns to replace it at anytime — See more on Tax Returns.
MY FIANCE OWES TAXES. WILL I BE LIABLE IF WE GET MARRIED? WHAT IF WE GET DIVORCED?
– You are only liable for taxes of returns that you sign.
– If you live in a community property state then your wages, etc., can be signed — See more information on Joint Returns.
HOW CAN I GET TAX RELIEF?
– Look at our website under IRS solutions — See more on IRS Solutions.
CAN I GET HELP IF I QUALIFY AS ELDERLY OR RETIRED?
– Yes, the IRS makes no distinction.
– The IRS can even levy social security checks — See more on IRS Solutions.
I HAVE MAJOR IRS PROBLEMS AND I NEED HELP! or THE IRS IS KILLING ME!
– We can help you with your major IRS problems! — See IRS Solutions.
I HAVE IRS PROBLEMS AND I AM IN THE MILITARY!
– Get your help today with IRS problems in the Military — See IRS Solutions.