CP 14 – Request For Tax Payment

Unique Solutions to Your IRS Problems


Over 3000 Satisfied Customers Since 1980

Free Evaluation

Why Choose Us?

Held To Highest Standard

Public Accountancy Logo

Thousands of Satisfied Clients

State Bar Logo with blue


Knows the IRS Inside and Out


IRS Problems, Tax Problems, Tax Accountants, IRS Tax Attorneys, Tax Relief Help CPA, In Houston, Texas.

“Solving IRS problems has been my life’s work.  After 30 years and 1,000’s of successful tax cases I can safely say, “I know the IRS Business like the back of my hand”. How would you like to never worry about the IRS again?  Let my past knowledge and experience work for you”

– Joe Mastriano, CPA

Joe is a member of the Sugar Land Rotary, whose mission includes promoting integrity, fellowship, and good will.

Free Evaluation

What Our Clients Say About Us

Ran JeetInternational Holdings

Chris – Web Designer

Einar Pedersen Businessman

Ibrahim Chhapra Store Owner


Let Our Accounting Firm Help You Solve All Your IRS Problems…

Free Evaluation

CP 14 – don’t blindly send the IRS money.  What if they apply it to a different year and then levy your account?  Always know what the IRS has on you.  Contact Form

CP 14 (Request for Tax Payment) is not similar to the math error notice (CP11). Generally, this notice will notify you about the amount of tax that you have paid; as per the records of the IRS. In the middle section of this notice, you will find details about the tax that you have reported, the credits that the Service has applied and the amount of money that is still due.

When you first receive CP 14, there are certain things that you can do:

  • You should first verify the list of payments that the Services have applied to your account. Sometimes, the amount due may be the result of a misapplied payment.
  • If the amount that you have paid is not the same amount that the IRS has shown then you will have to send the information about the payment to them.
  • In case the payments revealed in CP 14 is in agreement with your records then you will have to make the payment that is due before the due date mentioned in the notice.

If the tax amount shown in the CP 14 notice is different from the amount that you have reported, then you should give a call to the IRS to let them know about the situation. Likewise, if you have received the notice because the Service has not yet processed your altered return that showed a reduction in the tax amount, then also you should get in touch with them.

In case the CP 14 notice was sent to you because the amount shown on the notice is not the same as the amount that you have paid then you should send the Service a photocopy of the bank statement showing that the amount was deducted from your bank account.

In case you have paid the amount due but you still received the notice, then you should call the IRS on the number that they have provided on top of the notice that they sent you. You will have to mention the amount of the payment that is missing and they will do their best to solve the problem.

If you can not solve your problem after you have received the CP 14 notice and spoken to the Service then you should go and look for a good and reliable Tax advisor who would represent you. We will be happy to consider representing you before the IRS.

  • If you are considering hiring us, call Joe Mastriano, CPA 713-774-4467.
  • Think your IRS matter is handled? Think again!
  • For your analysis, click here to contact us.

Don’t bury your head in the sand because you received an IRS CP 14 notice, contact us today for help!

Free Evaluation