Never react to IRS letters!  They want you to blindly follow the instructions on the letters.  Big mistake!  I like my plan better. Always assess the overall situation and know what you need to do to protect yourself from overpaying and levies.

Understanding And Responding To IRS Letters And Notices

This tax relief site, written by an experienced defender, will give you better information and tips about how to respond to letters and notices. Each letter can be found on the IRS web site. Just Google the letter or form number and select the sites you want explanations from, including the link to the IRS web site. You can beat many of these letters on your own without attorney or Enrolled Agent (EA) assistance. You can become your own IRS fighter.

Sample Of IRS Letters & Notices

Please read my descriptions for each letter. Even if you didn’t get that letter, the descriptions contain a sample of IRS letters & notices useful information that these letters contain. It should help you understand the IRS letters better.

Joe has… The most IRS Knowledge… The most IRS Experience

of anyone he knows. Our clients speak of their Amazing Results.

It’s his life’s work since 1980 – 35 yrs and 1000’s of Successful IRS Tax Cases

You too can have Amazing Results – complete the contact form NOW!



Great Tax Reduction Technique

What if you get a letter from the IRS charging you additional tax based on a math error or a clerical error? How would you like to avoid paying it? Here’s how… write back within 60 days and say you request an abatement under section 6213(b)(2). This may get it abated. It’s worth a try. No one likes being in IRS debt. Sometimes they reassess it, but they must issue a “notice of deficiency” giving you appeal rights. Include in the letter a statement that you disagree with the additional tax and the action you want taken, such as “I disagree with the additional tax assessment because I did everything correctly and I want you to remove the taxes.” Also state that if they don’t remove the taxes, you are requesting that they issue a notice of deficiency so you can file an appeal. The notice of deficiency will list the changes that they made. (Often you get a correction letter that doesn’t spell out why they made the changes in the first place.) Use this approach for letters involving a missing SS# (supply the number and copy of Social Security card, if you have it, in your letter). Send your letter to the address they request you respond to. Never be afraid to call or write for an explanation of the letter or the adjustments being made. You may just want to pay it.  If you are contesting it, you will have a better understanding of what you are contesting. If you do call for an explanation, do not give any information as to what and why you did anything! They will record it and it can be used to deny your request for abatement. These strategies can and will help with your IRS situations.