Injured Spouse Relief Form 8379

Form 8379 – Injured Spouse Claim For Your Tax Relief…

When to use the relief claim?

Use the injured spouse claim if the IRS keeps a joint refund, or is about to keep it, due to your spouse’s owing other taxes or has other government debts such as child support, spousal support, student loans, etc.  You can attempt to collect the portion of the spouse’s refund that is due.

Warning:This is not a do-it-yourself project.  This is a matter for a CPA or attorney to prepare, one with a lot of IRS representation experience, especially in injured spouse cases.  There are very strict rules and procedures for qualifying.  Do you know them?  We do! Contact Form

Use form 8379 to claim spouse relief!

The purpose of claiming injured spouse relief…

Claim injured spouse relief form 8379 to get back the part of the spouse refund that is rightfully yours because it relates to the taxes you currently paid versus what you currently owe. This is done by separating the tax attributes of you and your spouse as it relates to the year you are claiming.

Warning:Do not try to fill out the forms to get this deduction.  It requires a thorough understanding of the tax code and how the IRS goes about gathering evidence.  I have seen too many people destroy their chances of qualifying by attempting to save money by doing this alone.  If we think you should qualify, then you should get the relief.  Contact Form

How to fill out IRS spouse relief form 8379

a) Be sure to read the instructions carefully, and look up the definition of any tax term you don’t understand.

b) Make sure you allocate the adjustments, deductions, credits, etc. properly.

c) When done – and possible –  mail along with a copy of the individual income tax return it relates to.

d) One form can be used for claims pertaining to multiple years.

e) If claiming injured spouse at the time of filing, attach the form to the front of your return and write “injured spouse” on the top of your form 1040.

Contact us if you need help with your injured spouse claim, spouse relief.  Contact Form

If you are considering hiring us, call Joe Mastriano, CPA 713-774-4467.
Think your IRS matter is handled? Think again!
For your analysis, click here to contact us.

Filling out the Form 8379 is just the first step to your relief.  Let our offices help you with the entire process. Call us today!  Contact Form